BARLEY GREEN JUICE SCIENTIFIC FINDINGSGood reports abound on the benefits of barley juice.
But why? Scientists have only scratched the surface in understanding why barley juice has helped so many.
What is in barley juice? Scientists have found
- a substance to actually stimulate repair of the DNA molecule
- a protein with strong anti-inflammatory qualities
- substances that reduced hypercholesterolemia
- substances that resulted in an anti-ulcer effect
- components in barley leaf extract which de-activate mutagenic and carcinogenic substances
- an enzyme called SOD which is an extremely powerful 'anti-aging' antioxidant, an anti-inflammatory enzyme and cancer preventive enzyme
- another powerful antioxidant, 2'-0-GlV, more effective than vitamin E
- components in barley leaf extract which were very effective in lowering the blood sugar levels in high blood sugar mice
- substances which help to inhibit platelet activating factor
- substances which protect the blood vessels from damage
- it improves or modulates Prolactin and growth hormone
- barley juice degrades a variety of pesticides - Detoxification implications.
- 5 enzymes were found that help the decomposition of fats in the body proceed smoothly which helps to promote correct body weight.
1983 - successfully isolated a protein in barley leaf extract with strong anti-inflammatory qualities.
1985 - discovery of substances in barley leaf extract that reduced hypercholesterolemia and substances that resulted in an anti-ulcer effect
1985 - successfully identified the presence of some components in barley leaf extract which de-activate mutagenic and carcinogenic substances
SOD or superoxide dismutase has been isolated, which is an extremely powerful 'anti-aging' antioxidant. The aging process has been directly linked to decreasing amounts of SOD in our system. Increased amounts of SOD causes our body to repair itself quicker. Additionally SOD acts as an anti inflammatory enzyme and cancer preventive enzyme. BarleyLife is rich in SOD - one of the richest sources available today. SOD converts a harmful substance called superoxide, into water and oxygen which is completely harmless.
Peroxidase was isolated which actually breaks down and neutralizes Try-P1 and P2 a carcinogen in grilled meat and fish and 3-4benzypyrene, another carcinogen in tobacco.
Observed water soluble components in barley leaf extract which were very effective in lowering the blood sugar levels in high blood sugar mice. Which would benefit diabetics and hypoglycemics.
George Washington University. One study reported on the important substances found in barley leaf extract which help to inhibit platelet activating factor and to protect the blood vessels from damage. These substances are even effective throughout the micro-circulatory system, protecting the smallest vessels from damage.
In 1994, at the same University, a Vitamin E succinate was identified. This was shown to improve or modulate Prolactin and growth hormone. Prolactin is vital to breast feeding moms, so breast feeding Moms should benefit from taking barley juice. Growth hormone will benefit children and those that are overweight. This has implications in helping to improve immunological functions and slowing down the process of aging.
UC Davis, looked at the potential for barley leaf extract to degrade a common pesticide, malathion, in vitro. Six different experiments where performed to measure the ability of barley leaf extract to "detoxify" this pesticide. Every one of the studies revealed very positive results. This study leads us to believe that barley leaf extract may provide a cleansing, or detoxifying benefit when pesticide accumulation has occurred in the body. The article can be found in Volume 79, Issue 10, 1999, pages 1311-1314 of Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. An abstract is available at http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/62003336/START
At the University of Davis - successfully identified a new substance in barley leaf extract which contains very impressive antioxidant properties. This substance is called 2'-O-Glycosylisovitexin. They have been able to demonstrate that it is more effective as an antioxidant than beta carotene or vitamin E.
UC Davis - successfully identified several of the characteristics of 2'-0-Glycosylisovitexin. They have now confirmed that it is water soluble substance, it is stable, both in high temperatures and within a wide range of pH. It is also very effective as an antioxidant in lipid peroxidation caused by ultra violet irradiation. This confirms our earlier hypotheses that 2'-0-GIV may play a preventative role in aging, mutagenesis, carcinogenesis and radiation damage.
It is also interesting to note that the majority of green products available for purchase today do not contain active 2'-0-GIV.
There have been a lot of anecdotal reports where children and overweight people benefited from barley juice. Fatty Acid Oxidase, cytochrome oxidase, peroxidase, Catalase and Transhydrogenase are enzymes found in barley juice that help the decomposition of fats in the body proceed smoothly which also helps to promote correct body weight. Without these enzymes, weight gain results.
Chlorophyll? - Many studies have been done with respect to chlorophyll. Here is just a little of what is believed about Chlorophyll.
People suffering from fatigue, hypoglycemia or degenerative diseases should find time or find someone to make the raw green drink as nothing, truly substitutes for the fresh, raw chlorophyll to ease pain and aid in cell building. "Willa Vae Bowles, a leading nutritionist"
" Drinking lots of chlorophyll-rich juice is somewhat like getting a natural blood transfusion. It flushes the lymph system, nourishes and oxygenates the vascular system, cleanses the intestines, and is healing and soothing to all mucous membranes." Steve Meyerowitz
" High chlorophyll foods are excellent oxygen transporters, so including super foods like wheat grass and barley grass juice can help us think more clearly. Other high chlorophyll foods include the leafy greens such as kale, collards and beet greens." Brigitte Mars
Chlorophyll, nature's most health-promoting nutrient. Here are a few of the things it does best: A powerful detoxifying agent for the liver. Removes carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. A strong internal deodorizer for the entire digestive tract. Has anti-inflammatory properties. Cuts excess cholesterol, triglycerides and other blood lipids (fats). Has antioxidant properties. Nearly identical chemical structure to hemoglobin, the body's critical oxygen and iron-carrying blood protein; stimulates hemoglobin production, which oxygenates and energizes the entire body. Has wound-healing properties. Chlorophyll has been studied for its Chlorophyll has been studied for its potential in stimulating tissue growth, in stimulating red blood cells in connection with oxygen supply, and in reducing absorption of dietary
- What is BarleyLife?
- Good Reports from BarleyLife Users - Awesome results!
- BarleyLife - FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Barleylife Nutritional Comparison
- From Death Unto Life - A Barleygreen ™ good report
- A NEW LOOK AT BARLEY JUICE A must read! The authors have had much experience in helping others nutritionally. Great info on barley juice and a number of health related issues.
- Barley Juice Scientific Findings
- References to Barley Juice Scientific Findings
- Synthetic Hormone Alert! - It is time to go natural!
- How do I order?